First thing Saturday morning we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house to have family pictures taken - and we all wore our shirts that we made. Each family was designated a color... we were blue:
Any time there are family pictures we are reminded how hard it is to get one where we all look good...
case in point: could I look any cheesier?! I submit, I cannot. But Weston is adorable in this one:
Megan and John (Kudos to everyone behind the camera who were able to get both little boys attention at the same time!!)
Jared and Sam
I think this was the first picture taken... SOO not fair to get a smiling picture right off the bat!! Way to make Tyler and I look bad!! =D
The Browns 2011
After pictures we all loaded in the cars and headed down to the Boise Farmers Market. Tyler and I hadn't been down there this year and we were amazed to find that it has grown significantly since last year. There were literally like twice as many vendors - it was great! Super busy, but great.
I really wanted a Limeade, but we didn't get one. We saw them right as we were walking back to the car. Next time I am getting one first thing! Everyone raves about them and how good they are...
After the farmers market we headed to the Discovery Center. I don't think there's a greater place to go on a hot summers day than an overly air conditioned building full of fun/crazy stuff. The kids had a great time... both little and big kids. =D
The bubbles were the big hit - as they usually are. Weston loved and hated them. He didn't like that they'd pop when he tried to grab them - he found that very frustrating. But it didn't stop him from being completely wowed by them.
I think the kids enjoyed the grocery store they have set up. Even as an adult I'm tempted to start filling my cart and using the mini checkout. It really looks like a lot of fun.
More bubbles...
From the Discovery Center we walked across the bridge to the park and had a picnic. Needless to say Weston was beyond tired. He fell asleep on my shoulder as we walked the half a block to the park and didn't even stir when I transferred him onto Tyler's stomach.
Everyone else ate
After the park we all headed home to put little ones down for naps and such - and to get all cleaned up for our fancy "Adults Only" dinner (I'm bummed we didn't get a single picture of any of us from before/during/after dinner). Kevin and Julie had a couple babysitters come and watch the little ones while we all went out to a nice dinner - kid free! After the previous two days, and that morning I think we were all very much looking forward to a night where we could eat our dinners while they were still warm and not have any interruptions. It was heavenly.
A nice walk along the river after dinner and then back to pick up the little guy. A game or two was played once we returned and then it was time to call it a night. Three full days of fun-fun-fun can really wear you out!
It was such a fun weekend and it was so great to get to do so many fun things with family. I hear rumors of possibly heading out of town next year... and you better believe I'm all in!! =D
Thanks for a great family reunion Kevin and Julie! We are so thankful to have such amazing parents/grandparents in our lives!



I think your family picture looks great!
ReplyDeleteGurrrrl, your hair is so cute!
ReplyDelete