Friday, October 14, 2011

Wednesdays With Weston

Shoot. I'm behind in posting this... sorry!! So here we go!!

His new word this week is "chee" - cheese. He loves cheese - a lot.
He can sign 'please' - it's not quite the correct sign, but he does the same action each time, so that's all that really matters.
He has really started to walk backwards a lot - and every time he does it he has a huge smile on his face because he is so proud of himself.
He has learned to change the channels and has even managed to turn the TV on a few times - which is no easy task since you have to push multiple buttons in a correct order to get the TV on. Needless to say I was shocked when I heard the TV pop on that first time.
Weston will now point to his belly if we ask him to - as well as head. Both of which he thinks are hilarious... for some reason. Who knows?!

Here's some pictures of what we've been up to this week:

Ready for school! Unfortunately by the time he is old enough to sit in a desk like this he will be a lot less excited to be sitting in it.
I love how his little feet just dangling.

Testing out the chairs.
Each and every one.
Talking man-to-man
Playing "Peek-a-boo" with daddy.

We spent an evening this week with Grandma and Grandpa Brown. Weston loved all the attention that was showered upon him by his grandparents. They always have the best toys and snacks too.
He sure does love this little car.

Water break - playing hard makes you thirst!
The serious side of Weston...
Hard at "work"
Weston loves to play with the trains at Grandma and Grandpa Brown's.
He finally figured out how to blow on the train whistle to make the train sound.
So happy that he's figured out how to make the train sound
He clearly cracks himself up
               Winner!! So adorable!
Wearing his new hoodie from Grandma Brown. It's a bit big but I'm sure he'll grow out of it before we know it!
This is generally what our kitchen looks like whenever we are in the kitchen cooking. While it can be quite painful when I turn around and step on something, it keeps the little man occupied and out from under me - so overall it's a good thing.
He's really digging the spaghetti ladle these days.
'Helping' Grandma Nettie plant some flowers in our backyard.
 Grandma's are awesome because they give little boys rocks to play with.
While outside helping Grandma, Weston walked over to our trees. The storms this week made all the leaves on our trees drop (there's not that many since we just planted them last year) and my mom and I just happened to look over just in time to see Weston stomping away in the leaves. It was just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I raced inside to grab my camera, but that distracted Weston and made him stop playing in the leaves and instead come follow me. I can't wait for next autumn when Weston will have even more fun jumping/crunching/playing in the leaves.

 This is Weston when he is really sleepy... but I have a feeling he's going to do this same thing in a few years when he is completely embarrassed/annoyed with his parents.
We have had such a fun week. There were a few very stormy nights where we couldn't go out side to play - and Weston thought that was completely unacceptable. But other than that, he's been a happy camper. He prefers to be outside more than anything - and we love letting him run around and wear himself out more than anything - so it works out for all of us.

We love you Weston!! Can't believe you're so grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment