Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Peasant Vision

It's been nearly a month now since we did away with cable. Honestly, I thought it was going to be a lot harder for us to get rid of it than it actually has been. The first few days were an adjustment, but honestly, I sort of enjoy not being tempted by so many channels. Even if the show was not that great, I still managed to get sucked into it and end up watching the entire episode. Now, I only watch the shows that I set out to see. And when I flip through the few free channels (a.k.a. Peasant Vision) and there isn't anything interesting on, I now just turn the TV off and go do something else.

When we got rid of cable, we decided to get Hulu plus so that we could still see all of our favorite shows. The great part is that our BlueRay player streams Hulu plus, so we can still watch all our favorite shows on our TV - so we don't have to be cooped up around the computer. And the price of Hulu plus is only $8 a month.. a fraction of what cable costs, but we still are able to watch 85% of our shows.
 Best. Invention. Ever.

I'm really proud of us. I didn't know how we would do with having one of our favorite luxuries taken away, but I think we've done really well. Here's to saving $80 a month!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Welcome to the peasant vision club :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for our cable contract to be up this year. With Netflix and Hulu Plus who needs cable anymore anyways? Terry and I rarely watch TV anyways, it's such a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete