This weekend was really slow paced. I kept having to remind myself that there was no need to be anxious or feel like I was forgetting something. I think I'm so used to having a million things going on or needing to be done, that when there isn't anything pressing to be done I find myself at a loss as to what I should be doing.
It was a very laid back weekend. No real errands had to be run - no place we had to be - just really relaxed and chill. It's been a while since we've had a slow paced weekend - and it was really nice.
Friday afternoon Tyler called to see if I would make some brownies and bring them to him at work (he had to work late). He requested they be in cupcake form... which complicated things. Long story short: brownies in cupcake form are a pain in the back side... just bake them in a pan, trust me. It's sooo not worth it.
Brownies sick to paper cupcake liners - don't use them.
Spraying cupcake liners with Pam doesn't help - like not even a little bit.
Greasing the cupcake pan sort of works, but it's still a gamble to see if they come out.
Attempt one (I made almost three dozen in the process of trying to figure out what would work and none of them really did):
Rest of the weekend was much more relaxed and not nearly as stressful (except when I attempted to make brownie cupcakes again... sometimes I just never learn).
Had toast for breakfast - made with homemade bread and homemade jam... the bread was backed the night before.
Did some painting.... (more on that later)
Got all caught up on boxing up Weston's baby gear/out grown baby clothes.
We made salad... forgot to get the picture of the fancy one Tyler made me - he was trying to imitate the ones they have at Barbacoa.
Hung out with this little cutie.
Found this little guy trying his best to turn his shirt into a toga...
Made some yummy crockpot chicken for chicken tacos.
Attempt two of cupcake brownies... and I made a chocolate cake for my co-workers birthday. It was a 'Better Than Sex' cake and it was seriously one of the best cakes I've ever made!!
This may seem like nothing to everyone else, but this little corner in our room is the bane of Tyler and my exsistance. It has some magnetic pull that just attracts stuff to it: laundry baskets, dirty clothes, blankets, etc. Tyler is simply amazing and decided he was gonig to tackle our trouble area - and tackle he did. He put everything away, sorted, organized, and even vaccumed! Amazing I tell you - amazing. There's nothing quite like a clean space to help clear your mind.
While there was lots of cooking, baking, and cleaning/organizing - we mostly we just hung out all weekend.
I love spending uninterupted time with my boys... it's the best!








What an awesome weekend. I especially like the part about Tyler doing chores...maybe he could mention that to Guy:)
ReplyDeleteDo you know what I love most about this post sister? It's the fact that only you would have more than 3 boxes of brownie mix readily available in your pantry at any given time....I mean seriously. Lol! Where are my box tops? =)
ReplyDelete