The Flight There
A day or so before our flight left Tyler called up the airline and had a "friendly" chat over our flight times and the fact that they changed them so that our flight now left from Boise in the late afternoon and landed in Baltimore at 1am. If I haven't mentioned it before, than I will now: Tyler has amazing phone skills. He just knows what to say and to whom and exactly when to say it. He managed to get our flight changed so that we left at 7:45am from Boise and landed in Baltimore right before 4pm. He's amazing.
But that did mean we lost out on some of our packing time since we no longer had the morning of our flight to tie up loose ends. But it was, oh, so worth it.
Packing... Tyler, on an extra long streak of being awesome, packed an empty duffel bag in his suitcase in case we needed more room on the flight home. This is an important detail for later in our trip.
Morning came early - we left our house at 6:20... But it wasn't really that much earlier than we normally wake Weston, so he was in really good spirits.
Weston and Grandma Nettie on the way to the airport.
We got all checked in and bags checked and made it just in time for boarding. I don't think we could have timed it more perfectly if we tried. I was worried about using up all of Weston's 'first-thing-in-the-morning-happiness' just waiting to get on the plane, but we didn't have to wait at all... huge plus!!
Snapping some pictures right before take off...
Silly face
Don't mind my surprise face. I was making funny faces to get Weston to smile/laugh.
All aboard!!
Weston loved to look out the window as we took off. He just kept turning around to us and giggling. It was so cute.
There was a minor meltdown right after take off... it involved me breaking off a piece of his Nutri-grain bar when that wasn't how he wanted to eat it... he wanted to hold it. Once we figured that out, we were golden for the rest of the flight.
This is what Weston did most of the flight:
He loved watching his "Toodles" and I think he loved getting to hold our phones even more (playing with/on our phones is a big no-no in our house, so this was a very special treat for him).
We had a quick layover in Chicago... and by quick I mean just enough time for each of us to go the bathroom, me to change Weston, grab a sandwich, stuff our faces, and get back on the plane. But that was good because Weston was getting sleepy, so I was anxious to get back on board so we could hopefully get him to bunker down.
Unfortunately our seats for this portion of the trip weren't together. Tyler was directly behind me and we were both sitting in middle seats. Seriously?!?! I had a few moments of panic thinking how we were going to handle Weston if he was being fussy, but luck was with us and on a completely booked flight the one empty seat was right next to me. So I moved to the aisle seat and put Weston in the middle. He dozed off right after take off and slept til we landed. It was glorious.
Even with Weston being a super trooper through it all, it was still exhausting. And by the time we landed in Baltimore I think we were all very happy about being off the plane.









No comments:
Post a Comment