Tuesday, December 4, 2012

3 Things

 Like father, like son. 
How stinkin' funny are these two?


1. Tyler started throwing up around 4:30 this morning - I spent the next hour covering him with blankets, digging out my electric blanket for him out of our closet, and rubbing his shoulders and back. I dozed off just in time for my alarm to go off. Today is going to be stellar  And knowing Tyler he is going to still go into work this morning, thus prolonging whatever it is that he has.

2. Weston has croup and it is the saddest thing to listen to him cough - I mean, bark. Such loud and painful sounding coughs coming from such a little body. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be legal. But he is such a little trooper. He loves taking medicine - perhaps a bit too much??! He loves having me rub croup ointment on his chest. He unzips his footie jammies and then starts to giggle cause he knows that me rubbing on the ointment tickles a little bit. He insists on "helping" put it on - which consists of him gingerly dipping one finger into the goop - getting practically nothing on his finger - and then rubbing his finger on his neck. It is so sweet - and I just love our little man.

3. Today my Outlook calendar informed me that I have 75 work days til my due date. I'm both elated - and nervous. That isn't really that long... which is great cause I'm ready to not be a working mom. But it's also a bit scary because that means I'll be a mom of two in just a short time. For whatever reason, being a mom of two is way, way, WAY scarier to me than becoming a mom the first time around.  Some how I feel much too young to be a mom of two. But even though I have moments of intense realization that we are about to embark on yet another life changing event, I am blissfully aware of just how great it all is going to be.  I think when it comes down to it I have a hard time believing that I am going to be able to love this little one as much as I love Weston. I know I will... but I think it is one of those feelings that can't be felt or fully understood until it happens. It was that way when I had Weston. I already loved him before he was born, but I didn't realize just how deep that love would grow. Now that I know just how deep love can go it's hard to fathom having that same type of love for another person. But I guess those polygamists on TLC are right about one thing: Love is multiplied - not divided.

No comments:

Post a Comment