Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Three Things

1. Tyler has been working late pretty much every night for the past two weeks - and before then he worked late about half the nights out of the week. He doesn't get home til way after my bed time... so there isn't any point in my even attempting to stay up late to see him. Trust me, I've tried to. But by 11:30pm I'm so exhausted that even if he were to arrive home I wouldn't be up for any sort of conversation. Because he's been working so late I've tried to keep Weston up later and later... His pretty solid 8pm bed time has now become 9:30 or later. 

I'm lonely. 

I'm all about a bit of alone time... time for just me to browse what I like online, to watch whatever girly show or movie I want, to read a book, or to paint my toe nails. But night after night of alone time is getting old.

But I've come to treasure my evenings alone with Weston. We build houses out of blocks, read all of the Christmas books we own, he shows me all the new things he's learned on Starfall, extra long bubble baths, and we get to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie together. Not that these things don't or couldn't happen with Tyler there, but I'm able to give Weston my sole attention and in return I get all of Weston's attention. 

2.  I realized today that at this point in my pregnancy with Weston my fingers had swollen to a point that I couldn't wear my wedding rings any more. 
(Me - 3 months til my due date with Weston)
I'm pretty much positive that I'll be swelling again with this pregnancy - if it's as much as with Weston, who knows - but I am happy that at least it isn't happening as early as it did with Weston. The swelling I had with Weston was unreal! But for the most part it didn't hurt - it was just unsightly. I was embarrassed because everyone would comment on it all the time and there was no way to hide it. So still being able to have my ring fit - and that they haven't even become noticeably tighter is a great feeling. 

3. This baby inside me is very active - and I love it. Maybe I don't have the best memory, but I don't ever remember Weston being this active when I was pregnant with him. At times it feels as though this little one is pushing against my stomach with all fours - sort of uncomfortable - but also a wonderful feeling. It wasn't until the last couple weeks with Weston that I remember having this type of pressure. Tyler felt the baby move for the first time on Sunday and just this week all of my coworkers have had a chance to feel the baby move around. It is so much fun being able to share this experience with so many people. 

**Less than a week til Christmas!!! This month has flown by!**

No comments:

Post a Comment