Tuesday, January 22, 2013

30 Weeks

My 30 week prenatal appointment began like all the others - ask me how I'm feeling, take my blood pressure, measure my belly, listen to the baby's heart beat... then things began to veer off a bit. The doctor then began to measure my belly again, then pushed around on it for a bit, then measured again.

"Well, it looks like you're measuring a bit big. You're 30 weeks 2 days and I'm measuring you at 34 weeks."
 
She suggested they go and do an ultrasound - to check if my ginormous size was due to excess amniotic fluid, a mammoth baby, or if maybe the baby was just attempting to do a hand stand and was skewing the numbers.
 
So I was taken back to the ultrasound room - wishing Tyler had come to this appointment with me (I feel guilty when I get to the see/hear the baby and he doesn't).  The ultrasound tech did her measurements and the reason I'm measuring 4 weeks bigger?!?!?!:
 
No reason at all... besides I'm just huge.
 
Amniotic fluid is at normal levels.
 
Baby is measuring at the 58% at just over 3lbs.
 
So that just leaves me... It's been clinically proven that I'm huge.
 
This kind of news might cause me to eat my feelings, but then I remember that I weigh almost 20 pounds less than I did at this point in my pregnancy with Weston and then it doesn't bother me that much.
 
Here's to the next 8-10 weeks... let's hope my growth spurt settles down a bit - eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment