Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesdays with Weston

Weston is all about "helping" lately. He wants to be everywhere we are, doing everything we are doing. It's fun that he's so interested in everything we are doing - and it's still a bit mind blowing to us that he comprehends and understands so much of what we are doing.
 
He loved to help daddy organize the garage a couple weeks ago. He found plenty of forgotten toys and goodies out there that had been hidden behind clutter and forgotten about.
While we are certainly entering into some very independent moments (that's a nice way of saying tantrums...), Weston is still a very sweet boy. I am reminded by family, friends and co-workers almost everyday that he is such a sweet, calm, and even-keeled little guy. So even though I  struggle with the fact that Weston and I now have power struggles from time to time I need to remember that even his worst tantrums are still really mild - and he is usually calmed down within moments and is back laughing and smiling again.



"Daddy's soda"
One morning Weston woke up and let us know that he wanted to get his "hairs cut". So that's just what we did.





Weston loves his Daddy. 


Doing some planks while watching TV.

Those dimples melt me!
With the nicer weather comes more outings - something Weston is thrilled about. He is able to run free and work off some of that energy. He is already talking about going swimming at cousin Maddy and Macy's pool when "the sun makes it hot outside".


Weston woke up from his nap one day and said he wanted to go on a picnic... since he wanted to go right away there was no time to actually make a picnic. But together we quickly grabbed some snacks and headed out tot he park.
 
We are really enjoying our afternoons together these days. 
Weston loves to watch the garbage truck come. He has a picture book of all different types of trucks and he loves to flip through it and list off all the different kinds of trucks. Now that he knows what virtually every type of truck is called he gets giddy when we spot one when we are out and about. It still catches me off guard sometimes when I hear him shout from the backseat "that's a Big Rig" or "Mommy! It's a car transporter. I see it!"  Makes me laugh every time.
Weston was playing in the family rooms while I fed Harrison in the office. I noticed that Weston had become really quiet (which is usually a sign that he's up to no good...) and so I snuck over to go check on him.
 
I found him kicked back, just chilling and watching "Buzz-Woody" (aka Toy Story). He had also found his beanie and hat and decided to wear them both. He looked so funny that I had to sneak back and grab my phone so I could snap a picture of him. 
 

What a little goof!
(Also, his new obsession is Pingu... it's the most annoying show ever!! but he loves it).
Weston has started going down slides (last summer and fall he loved to play at the park, but would never go down the slides - even if we were standing at the bottom to "catch him"). But when we go down the big slide he likes me to go down with him and hold his hand. It's just so sweet, so I can't say no.

Blurry - but still cute.

 More of Weston planking... seriously - this kid has killer abs.
Weston is really starting to understand that he is a big brother now. He loves to pet Harrison and tell him that he likes him. And he gets so excited when Harrison is awake. I now find him hovering over Harrison either giving him hugs or rubbing his belly or back. It is my favorite thing he does these days.

Weston also loves to feed Harrison. He helps me make the bottles by shaking them (he does a little "shake the bottle" dance at the same time - too cute!) and he also asks to help feed Harrison. 
He is such a sweetheart!
The last two weeks have flown by, but I am loving that I get to spend all my days with Weston. He is such a tender hearted little boy who is absolutely curious about everything around him. Which is probably why he asks a few hundred questions a day. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment