Saturday, June 15, 2013

Until We Meet Again

Saturday, June 8th, 2013 was a rough day for our family. My step-mother, Carolee, lost her battle with breast cancer. Although it wasn't exactly sudden, it was still hard to believe since we had just been down to Utah for a visit about 9 days previous.
 
 I was numb for the next day or so and found myself crying almost all the time. I was 11 years old when my dad and Carolee were married. And they lived here in town until just after Tyler and I were married. During that 10+ years a lot in my life changed - and she was right there for all of it.
 
The very first time I met Carolee was at a Pizza Hut. She told us a story about how she was out walking in her neighborhood in Utah and managed to fall into her neighbor's trash can.  I remember thinking to myself, "Is this lady for real?" She was quirky, and funny, sweet and dare I say, a bit blonde? Yes. She was all of those things. But mostly she was kind and generous and easily one of the most genuine people I've ever known. She never spoke bad about anyone - ever - and she was an amazing example of practicing what you preach.
 
She truly was a light in the lives of all she came into contact with. Her goodness was infectious. And there seems to be a void left now that she's gone. I feel blessed that she chose my dad and that she was part of my life. She was the perfect example of unconditional love and how to be a true disciple of Christ.
 
Carolee, until we meet again.
 
 Summer 2003
 
July 2004 - Christopher and Beki's wedding 
 
 March 2005: Karen and TC's wedding
December 2005 
March 2006 
November 2006 
April 2007 
 
 November 2007
 New Year's Eve 2007
 
 August 2008: Tyler and my wedding
 
 
 
August 2008: Karen's baby shower 
September 2008 
 
 November 2008
 

September 2009

October 2009
 July 2010
 October 2010


 March 2011
 
July 2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment