When I was pregnant with Harrison, people would ask me a lot if I was ready for another baby. Starting over - middle of the night feedings, diapers, teething... But none of that worried me. Being a mother is what gives me the greatest joy.
I was, however, worried about how Weston would adjust to having a baby brother.
It wasn't until I was 30 weeks pregnant that Weston would even acknowledge that there was a baby in my tummy - before that he would adamantly deny it. He was not only our only child, but he was the youngest grandkid on both sides of the family - so we had no experience with how he'd do not being the "baby" of the family. Combine that with him entering the "Terrible Threes" and I was definitely worried.
But then Harrison arrived and any fears I had were immediately washed away. I was amazed by how gentle and sensitive Weston was with him. From the start he was so soft when he'd hold Harrison's hand or rub his cheek. He didn't act out for attention. Instead he seems to be thriving on his new role as big brother. He throws away diapers, gets burp rags and bottles for me, helps burp Harrison, and plays with him.
Seeing these two boys together makes me feel complete. I often walk into the room to find that Weston has pulled up a pillow or his blanket and is laying next to Harrison. I can't help but smile and feel blessed.







No comments:
Post a Comment