Weston, Harrison and I headed over to the Di Bartolo's house today to do some crafting. I spent most of my time cutting out all the leaves for our Thankful Tree (I had to trace and cut out about 65 leaves... took a while). But then I decided to do a craft that Weston could help with. Weston has been really into the changing leaves. Almost everyday he finds a new leaf to add to his "collection". We've been talking a lot about why the leaves change and how soon they will all fall off the trees and we'll get to rake them up (and jump in the leaf pile).
I decided to try my hand at some leaf printing. Weston helped for a little bit - but he isn't really into art (WHAT??!?! How could this happen to me?!), so he lost interest after a couple minutes. But he loves the finished product. I hung the two canvases in our downstairs bathroom and he loves to talk about them every time he's in there. I like how they turned out, but I did learn a few tips for next time (ie you need way less paint than you think).


No comments:
Post a Comment