Monday, November 4, 2013

A Long Lost Project

A millions years ago (it seems like) I bought a twin flat sheet that I had plans to stencil or paint to use for Weston's curtain in his room. For whatever reason I have had the hardest time getting Weston's big boy room to come together. Things always felt off and any progress I made in the room I suddenly realized I didn't like it after all. Super frustrating. Especially since creating the his nursery was a piece of cake.
 
Anyways. We are coming up on a year since we put Weston in a big boy bed and started this process of changing his room, so I figured it was high time for me to really start getting to the projects that I've been putting off. Mainly, his curtain.
 
Well, it took two nights of stenciling - and a lot more paint than I ever imagined it would - but it's finished.

 The curtain is definitely far from perfect, but once it's hung up you can hardly tell. I hung it up using my ever trusty electrical conduit. Seriously, I love that stuff!! Lightweight - pretty easy to cut - and crazy cheap!
Including sheet, paint, and curtain rod my total was: $12.
Gotta love a cheap project that is also a total statement piece in a room!

No comments:

Post a Comment