Sunday, December 22, 2013

BGMC

The Thursday night before Christmas (the 19th) was the premiere performance of the Boise Gay Men's Chorus. All the big major cities across the U.S. have one; San Fransisco Gay Men's Chorus, New York City Gay Men's Chorus, Chicago Gay Men's Chorus, etc. Anyways, Boise was long overdue and when auditions were held this past summer it was no surprise that my brother Kevin would be involved. I think it has been great for him to have an artistic/performing outlet once again and he has also made some really amazing friends from the group. They sang a wide variety of holiday songs; some traditional, some religious, and some were more comical & silly....Kevin had a few humorous solo moments which had the entire audience in laughter. It was definitely not like any choir performance I have ever been to and if you ever get the opportunity to check out a Gay Men's Chorus I would highly recommend it, it was seriously entertaining! Lol. The Cathedral of the Rockies was packed front to back which was such a beautiful sight to see. Boise isn't exactly the most liberal or accepting city when it comes to the LGBT community so it was awesome to see so much love and support there. I can't wait to see what they come up with for their Pride performances this summer!
 


 


 



Good job brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment