Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Lakeside Lavender Farm

I saw a little news article about a local lavender farm that was allowing free public access to the lavender for one week only. I obviously had to go - but the problem was I wasn't available any of the dates and times that the lavender farm was open. On the very last day it was open to the public I was babysitting my neighbors girls - just like I do every other week. Well, this particular day she finished up early and came to get her girls a good hour and a half earlier than normal. I only had a little under two hours to get loaded up and drive out there. I sent a text to my sister letting her know that if she was up for an adventure I'd be heading out in 20 minutes. Sure enough she was and her and her girls joined us in our trek to the country. 

After getting lost, just once, we found the lavender. It was blazingly hot and it would have been nicer to come later in the evening, but unfortunately they are only open during the heat of the day. But I will say my kids did quite well being out in the hot sun and still smiling for the insane amounts of pictures I wanted to take. I'm sure it didn't hurt that I had bribed them with ice cream afterwards. ;)












 








No comments:

Post a Comment