Friday, August 15, 2014

This One Time At Band Camp...

Band camp was crazy. It's two weeks long and I didn't end up going to as much of it as I thought. I had an impossible time finding people to watch the boys and during the second week of camp both boys came down with pink eye... right before we were leaving for Utah for the wedding. So yeah, not the best timing. 

Overall I think camp was what we needed it to be. We worked on some more fundamentals - we taught some choreography and started learning charts. The girls bonded and I think they started to be less scared/timid around us. 

A few mornings I brought the boys with me. Harrison sat in his umbrella stroller and ate food and Weston drew on the whiteboard. This is the very first time he had ever drawn people - EVER.
 Ha! May May mowing down on that burrito. I'm pretty sure all of us coaches gained a solid 5 pounds during camp. 
 Team bonding.

 Getting ready to prank the band.
   The bands prank this year. Each member had one of these masks on. Super creepy. 

 New rifles!! Yay!
 Marching fundamentals.. Ugh. I felt bad for the girls. I wasn't even doing it and it was awful.
 It was a very exhausting two weeks.
Each day the girls would decide what the funniest or most memorable moments were from the day and they would draw it on the board. Here's the complete two weeks of camp. Pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment