Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weston's #1!

After we played with the balloons for a while, a long while, we headed downstairs to make some breakfast. Weston played happily while I whipped us up a batch of homemade pancakes and syrup. I honestly don't know what I was thinking because I was almost out of pancake batter and I hadn't made a "W" or a "1" yet! Luckily I had just enough batter to make one of each. They were just so cute when I got them all arranged on Weston's plate:
I was amazed by the fact that Weston ate every single bite of pancake that I put on his plate... although he was certainly a 'gooey monster' by the end of breakfast.  So we headed back upstairs to take a nice, long bath. Weston just loves the water and it was so fun to just let him play as long as he wanted and not be in a hurry to be any where or have him be too sleepy to really play. He played until he was so wrinkly that he certainly looked closer to 90 years-old than one.

We then both got dressed for the day and grabbed a quick snack and then, just like that, Weston was down for a morning nap.
I was so excited to spend Weston's birthday with him that his 3 hour nap felt a lot more like 12 hours... so I colored him a fun little birthday message. Color on the white board is one of Weston's favorite activities.
When Weston woke up from his nap we had chicken nuggets and french fries for lunch and he was just as pleased as could be. We played some more and we both laughed a lot - and then all too soon he was asleep again. Normally I love the fact that he still takes two big naps each day, but that day I was almost sad that he wanted to sleep. We were having so much fun, and I didn't want him to be asleep.
He took another epically long nap - we almost had to wake him up so that we could go out for ice cream, but he woke up just in time. 

We went to TCBY and met up with Auntie Ren, Uncle Terry, the nieces, Grandma Nettie, and Papa Coins. Weston loves ice cream... well, anything we are eating really. And he loved that he got to have as much ice cream as he wanted!
Weston sat right between his daddy and mommy and would alternate between our two spoons - back and forth, back and forth. I'm pretty sure he had just as much, if not more, ice cream than I did that day!
Our little family.  We all look so much older than just a year ago.
One VERY happy birthday boy!!!
After ice cream we came home, put Weston in his jam jams, and settled down for the night. I will admit I had eyes filled with tears as I put my sweet baby boy to bed that night. It was a simple and perfect day. I had dreamed for a long time about my kids' birthdays and what they would be like, but the feeling is truly unmatchable. It's amazing to see the life you've helped create and think back to all the amazing memories and experiences that little life has given you. The past year has gone much too fast for my liking, but I'm thankful for every moment that I've had to share with my ever growing 'little' guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment