This year was the last year that I could use just one package of candles. From here on out I'm either going to have to spring for that second box - or switch to the birthday candles in the shape of numbers. That's right everybody - I'm the big 2.4. =D
I love birthdays... especially my own. I'm sure that might change in the future, but as of right now they are still a source of fun for me. Tyler knows how excited I get about my birthday, so he planned not just one night of fun - but an entire week! It was basically the best thing ever. Here's the breakdown of each day:
Day One: We watched the movie 'Easy A" and snuggled on the couch - It's a rarity that Tyler will sit and watch a chick flick with me... so it was a special treat.
Day Two: Tyler brought home Reese's ice cream and gave me a wireless mouse for my netbook. I love my mouse! My chubby fingers are no good when it comes to the touch pad on my netbook.
Day Three: Tyler managed to save all my blog posts from our old blog and saved them to our computer. We're still working on seeing if we can get those transferred to this blog, which would be awesome, but if not, at least all 685 posts (2,600 pages in a word document) are safe and intact.
Day Four: Tyler surprised me and made it home from work before me and had a yummy Italian dinner ready for me. And after we put Weston to bed we made a yummy Jell-O cheesecake and watched a bit of stand-up comedy. Nothing like some quality time with the hubsters.
Day Five: Unfortunately Tyler had to work a ridiculous 13 hour day - but he made sure he made it home before I went to bed. He made it back just in time to come tuck me in and tell me goodnight. Even though I didn't get to spend much time with him, he knows how much better I sleep when he's there.
Day Six: Tyler let me take a nice long nap when I got home from work. I love taking naps, but rarely ever get to. Napping - especially on the weekend = pure bliss!
Day Seven: My actual birthday - Tyler arranged a fun dinner with friends for us... we had "Fry Daddy" night. Basically it's a night where you put anything and everything into a deep fryer. SOOOOO unhealthy, but SOOOOO delicious.
( Fried Zucchini and Pepper Fries are my two favorite things to be deep fried!)
(Homemade mozzarella sticks... we're slowly perfecting them. Unfortunately we only bust out the fryer once a year, so it's going to take a while before we get them just right.)
Deep fried mini corn dogs... these were surprisingly one of the best things we threw into the fryer that night...)
(Homemade mozzarella sticks... we're slowly perfecting them. Unfortunately we only bust out the fryer once a year, so it's going to take a while before we get them just right.)
Deep fried mini corn dogs... these were surprisingly one of the best things we threw into the fryer that night...)
Tyler really out-did himself this year. It was such a fun week and I loved all the attention. ;D
Thanks babe! You're the best-est!
No comments:
Post a Comment