Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesdays with Weston

Weston has become quite the little copy cat. He'll watch what we do and then attempt to do it himself. It really is just too cute. I first noticed it as I was blowing on his carrots to cool them down and as I placed one on Weston's tray he picked it up and started blowing on it a few times before putting it in his mouth. When I started laughing in amazement, a huge smile spread across his face. He knew he had just done something really cute.
Weston is sure an active little kid. From the moment he wakes up he's ready to play. There's no easing into the day with Weston. While it may take a while for me to be awake enough to play, it is nice that Weston will always wake up happy.
On this morning I hadn't even combed his hair yet and he was already enthralled with my necklace.
A little video of Weston
Weston has also started getting mighty crafty. He's discovered how to wiggle and squirm his way out of his high chair and out of the shopping cart. His bum is just skinny enough that he can wiggle out of the lap belt. While it can be quite frustrating trying to convince him he should remain seated, it is pretty funny to watch him as he figures out how to maneuver his legs out of the straps.

I went to take the trash out while Weston was eating breakfast and when I came back in I caught Weston in mid-escape. 

Weston's new favorite toy of the moment are his blocks. He loves to carry them around the house, leaving in them for his mommy and daddy to find with their unsuspecting toes.  He'll sit forever and knock down towers as fast as Tyler and I can build them. His new obsession this week has been trying to fit an entire block in his mouth... to say it's a choking hazard is an understatement.
Weston loves music. He dances and wiggles when music comes on the TV - or one of his toys - and he loves to push the buttons on his walker that play music.
Weston's a standing machine these days.
Such a happy little kid
Weston loves music. He will stop whatever he's doing if he hears music playing and will search for the source of the sound. He dances and smiles and his whole face lights up when he hears music. This video is kind of long... and sort of boring for anyone who is not his parent. But if you'll notice, he plays and plays and plays while the music plays, and then stops whent he music does - and has to go make the music play again before he will continue to play. I was rolling as I filmed this.
Hey, Weston - that's my camera!
Love those big blue eyes!!
Weston's such a big boy now that he doesn't even have to wear footie pajamas. While footie pajamas are still one of the cutest things in the world - Weston in his new pj's is still pretty darn cute! But as you can see, he isn't always a happy model right before bed... but neither am I, so I understand.
Weston is constantly encouraging me to keep our floors clean. No matter how often I sweep he will ALWAYS find some random piece of junk on the ground. He sure knows how to keep me on my toes!
I love this video. I love his belly sticking out of his shirt and I love how well he stands. Too cute!
Weston is gaining more and more balance each day... and he's getting better and multi-tasking. I just thought it was just so cute to see him standing up all tall and drinking out of his sippy cup.
He's such a fun and energetic little boy. He seems to learning something new each day. It really has been a fun week!

Love you Weston-Bo-Beston!

No comments:

Post a Comment