The weeks are all starting to blur together - this summer is really flying by. We had a really fun week - and the weather has been just wonderful. Weston is really a walking machine these days. He is gaining more and more confidence each day. It's truly amazing to see how much he advances even in the course of one day. He is becoming more agile and his balance is improving a lot (which is saying a lot since the child does have a big noggin!)
We are just so in love with Weston... even when he is being a mischevious little pill. =D He's been a bit sick this week which has made napping and bed times a lot harder than normal, but he's just so darn happy that it's hard to stay upset with him when he starts to fuss. Plus, it's hard, as a parent, to know your child doesn't feel well and there isn't much you can do for them. He really is a trooper and we are hoping that he's just a bit sniffly since he's cutting teeth... and that he doesn't have allergies(which is what I think it might be... because his symptoms are the same as me - and I have seasonal allergies. I feel guilty when I take any kind of medication because I know that Weston can't).
Weston's hair is getting longer... it's still too light to really be able to see how much he actually does have, but it really is there. I enjoy spiking it into weird directions during bath time.
Weston met a lot of new family this week. It was the Watson family reunion over the weekend (Tyler's mom's family) and everyone was anxious to pinch his adorable little cheeks. He ended up sleeping a lot this weekend (read the above paragraph) which kept us from going to all of the festivities, but we did make it to a few of them and Weston enjoyed all the extra attention... as if he doesn't get enough on a regular basis.
We noticed last week that Weston had started cutting one of his top teeth... the one just to the right of his two front teeth. Then a day or two later we noticed that the gums of his front teeth were starting to look white - so those ones would be coming in soon too. I was stoked!! I can't wait til Weston has all his teeth and can eat the same things as us. So far the poor little guy is just really uncomfortable. The tooth on the side is just barely poking in and the two front teeth have just begun to break thorugh. We still have a ways to go before they are all in. Weston seems to slowly cut teeth. It seems like it takes weeks from when we notice a tooth coming in to when it will finally break through his gums. Poor little guy - it has to be such a long process for him (and for us...).
To help make up for my lack of pictures this week here are a couple videos of Weston playing. They aren't really anything too exciting - but he is awfully cute. Weston has the best time playing, and he does a pretty good job playing on his own.
This first one is him playing before we left one morning. He's now learned how to make the ball light up on his own - his face was classic the first time he threw the ball and he saw all those colors light up.
This last video is Weston playing on Saturday morning. He is such a happy boy first thing in the morning, but especially on the weekends when he gets to sleep in til he wakes up on his own instead of having one of us go in and get him up. My favorite parts of this video are when he tilts his head to the side... you can't see, but that's what I was doing behind the camera and he was mimicing me. Also, I love watching him play with his blocks. He's so maticulous and calculating. I wish I could hear/see what goes on his head!
All in all it was a very good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment