Per Wikipedia:
"The 3rd wedding anniversary is often when a couple is aware of their durability of their relationship. That is why leather is the traditional gift for this celebration.
"The 3rd wedding anniversary is often when a couple is aware of their durability of their relationship. That is why leather is the traditional gift for this celebration.
Leather. As a material, leather is durable, warm, strong, flexible, and has a sense of resiliency to it. These are qualities that help marriages continue to thrive."
The traditional gift for the 1st anniversary is paper: For our first anniversary Tyler and I exchanged love letters/cards
The traditional gift for the 2nd anniversary is cotton: For our second anniversary Tyler and I splurged and bought a nice set of new sheets for our bed
So naturally, Tyler and I needed to get a gift of leather for our 3rd anniversary. Sometimes the best answers should be the most obvious... but for me they rarely are. After much thought I realized that the thing we (and by we, I mean me) had been talking about getting since we moved in to our house is made of leather!!
So... For our third anniversary we finally bought an ottoman for our family room. We got a steal of a deal on it and I couldn't be happier with it!
(The flash on the picture makes the ottoman look like a brighter shade of brown than it actually is - they are actually a pretty perfect match).
So... For our third anniversary we finally bought an ottoman for our family room. We got a steal of a deal on it and I couldn't be happier with it!
(The flash on the picture makes the ottoman look like a brighter shade of brown than it actually is - they are actually a pretty perfect match).
Weston loves it too! (The ottoman is really hidden storage for all of Weston's toys... I love that they are now out of sight and yet they are still easily accessible for Weston).
Next anniversary is flowers... I'm thinking landscaping for the yard?!?!? =D
that's a good idea. Ours is coming up and we are stuck on leather bags (which i don't mind ;)
ReplyDelete