Friday, August 5, 2011

Anniversary

Our anniversary this year landed on a Tuesday... I had thought that we might celebrate the weekend before, but Tyler let it slip (around my birthday) that he had made special plans for our anniversary the weekend after our anniversary. It actually worked out perfectly because the weekend before our anniversary we had to say goodbye to Tyler's puppy... not exactly emotion we were going for. So we opted to do a fun dinner out on our actual anniversary and then do the big celebration the weekend after.

I ended up being able to get off a bit early on Tuesday so we decided to go and see Harry Potter 7.2 - FINALLY!! I normally go to the midnight showings for the Harry Potter films, but that didn't end up happening this time... I didn't even see it opening weekend! But it was SOOO worth the wait! I may have shed a few tears. =D As we waited for the movie I stopped and asked Tyler when the last time we went and saw a movie in the theater... we both had to really think about it and finally decided it was the last Harry Potter movie... yeah, we don't get out much.

After the movie we figured we still had enough time to go out to dinner since we were able to catch an earlier movie. We headed to the Cheesecake Factory. My sister had given me a gift card for there for my birthday and since we don't go out much (see above paragraph) I figured it was now or never. The food was simply delicious and we made it home in record time.

Weston ended up still being up - which we were actually very happy about. Honestly, I was a little sad thinking that he would already be in bed before we returned home. Luckily for us we were able to give Weston a bath and get him ready for bed. I couldn't help but think back to our first anniversary when Tyler and I decided we'd not - not try to have a baby and now two years later we have an adorable 14 month old.

Overall it was a great evening - and the best part?

It's not over yet!!!

Next week Tyler and I are spending the night out. For our anniversary Tyler bought us tickets to go and see:
Ahhhh Yeah!!

And the most romantic part? The concert lands on Tyler's birthday... he's sacrificing his birthday to take me to a concert that he isn't exactly 100% thrilled about going to (he likes Michael Buble, but it would definitely not be what he would opt to do for his birthday!!) Do I have a great guy or what?!

I am so excited!! I even took the next day off of work so that we can both sleep in a bit and spend some extra time together.

Here's to week long celebrations! =D

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a wonderful anniversary surprise!!

    Ben and I don't get out much either--we have seen, I believe, 6 movies in the theater for our 4 year marriage. Ha.

    I am really sorry to hear about the dog.

    ReplyDelete