As of last Thursday I now work out in the Meridian St. Luke's. Overall it's been a good change - it's still hard to tell how nice it will be since the transition process has been anything but smooth. As with any change there is the good and the bad...
The bad: My move out to Meridian was a bit sudden - so they didn't quite have time to get everything set up for me and my co-worker. So right now we are stuck sharing a desk that was meant for one person.
The opening is in the corner and so we are stuck sitting at an angle and having to twist to get to our keyboards and phones. It's less than comfortable. They say they are working on it, but with all the changes going on right now, I'm pretty sure we are low on the list.
The good: I now work much closer to home! This saves me at about an hour in commute time each day - and loads of savings on gas!
This is what time I rolled into my driveway at... and this was during 5 o'clock traffic and after stopping to pick up Weston. Yeah, normally I wouldn't have even picked up Weston by 5:30pm!
I keep telling myself that in another month the dust will have settled and things will calm down... but then again, I have been telling myself that since January. I guess change is the only thing in life that stays the same.


Wow, it must be crazy trying to handle a major transition and work in that absurdly small space. I'm not someone who needs a lot of space to work in, but even I need more space than that. That is ridiculous! But it's so awesome that you get to work close to home. Hopefully the savings on time, gas, money, enegery, etc, will help balance out the chaos at work!
ReplyDeleteYeah! You finally got the transfer! I'm sure things are a little hectic right now but it will all settle down in no time. Like you said, saving all that money with gas and the time taken off your commute already makes it worth it! =)
ReplyDeleteI don't think St. Lukes knows how to make things easy!! I found this out in the short, but felt very long, 4 months that I worked there. But I do love saving money on gas, and I'm sure you do too!
ReplyDelete