Monday, August 22, 2011

Dieting Tip

Tell yourself, "Of course you can have chocolate chip cookies!!" And then make the chocolate chip cookie recipe from the back of the Nestle bag... once the cookies come out of the oven you'll be so disgusted with them that you won't end up eating a single one - and you'll only bake one sheet of them and dump the rest of the cookie dough in the sink.
Seriously - the Nestle recipe is the grosses cookie dough/cookie I've ever had! And that is NO exaggeration. It's insanely shortening-y and the were so runny that they spread out so thin on the cookie sheet that the edges were literally black and the middles weren't even done!
 (The picture above I had trimmed the black edges off trying to salvage them)

On the up-side - after the whole ordeal I threw in the towel and ended up not eating any snack at all. So really, I guess, in the long run these really were the best cookies for me to make. I had the mental satisfaction of giving in - but didn't end up eating any of the calories.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, gross! Have you tried butter-flavored shortening? It tastes much better, though it clearly wouldn't have made any difference in the overall success of this recipe. Wish I could mail you some cookies now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats what you get for not using mom's recipe, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Award-Winning-Soft-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/Detail.aspx


    This is the recipe I have been using for years....whenever I make a batch they don't even last a day with all the neighborhood kids over here! =)

    ReplyDelete