Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wednesdays With Weston

Yep - it's a day late... better late, than never! =D

Weston loves being out doors. If it wasn't so blasted hot, we'd indulge in his love of wandering more. There was one night at the beginning of the week that was a bit cooler in the evening than days previous, so we walked to the end of our subdivision to get milkshakes.  Weston was thrilled... also because he got to stay up later than normal. =D

Being cute... This was the last night he would be happy this week...
Most of our week was filled with taking care of a very sick baby. We are pretty sure it was due to him cutting some bottom molars. His gums were very red and swollen. It is one of the most helpless feelings in the world to not be able to console your baby. Luckily, after about three really rough days, he's on the mend.
We bought some shoes... he wears a 6. Well, probably a 5 1/2, but we've learned that his feet grown lightening fast - so we bought him a 6.
Weston loves TV... probably too much. But it is just so darn cute to see him all kicked back like an adult watching some 'Hoarders' with his mama (I'm addicted to that show!!)
I'm a mean momma and love to scare him. I often hide behind the corner and wait for him to come find me... I love that when I scare him it makes him laugh - we always have such a fun time together.

The weather started to cool down at the beginning of this week so we were able to play outside more. Weston loves just running around and picking up dirt/bark.

I still have a hard time letting him just get into things and get messy - but I'm learning to just let him explore on his own and let go.
He's getting better about climbing under and not getting stuck.
We sure do love our baby boy... and we are SOOO happy that he's feeling better.
Also, just so I remember later on - here is a list of words that he is saying these days:
Momma
Dadda
BaBa (hasn't learned how to say sippy yet)
Up
Hi
Pup-Pup (puppy)
Book
Bye
Woah
Uh-Oh

He can also sign the words "More" and "All Done". We are currently working on "Please" and "Thank You".

He is growing by leaps and bounds these days. I put him in a pair of pants the other night - all his shorts were dirty. I probably hadn't put him in these pants in about two months and they were high-waters on him! They hit him above the ankle - I used to have to roll them up just a few weeks ago. I knew that he was growing - but having a very visual representation of just how much he's grown, made me just a bit sad.  Here are the stats from his 15 month well-baby check:

Weight: 24lbs 11oz - 76.3%
Length: 32.5 inches - 89.63%
Head Circumference: 19.5 inches - 98.01%

He grew over two inches and gained three pounds since his year check up. I don't think I'll ever stop being  amazed at how quickly little ones grown up. It's truly astounding.

It was a rather long/rough week and we are just starting to get things back in order and get back to our routine. I am always a bit grateful for the rough days because it helps me remember how amazing Weston really is the majority of the time.

Love you Weston!! And we are so happy that you are feeling better - your smile and laughter make our worlds so much brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment