Friday, September 9, 2011

Wednesdays With Weston

Welp, it's official: Weston is no longer a baby. We officially have a little man on our hands! Weston mimics everything we do. I love it... and hate it. I have caught him giving me the stink eye twice this week!! Probably because it's the same look I give him when he dumps his toys out after I just picked them up, or throws his sippy cup on the floor for the the um-teenth time.

Regardless, this little man is growing up on us. And he's looking more and more like his daddy.

Boys and their toys...
"Whatcha lookin' at?!"
Just chillin' with my daddy-o.
Along with mimicking us - he's becoming very good at observing. He's learned to how stick his alphabet magnets back onto the fridge - he knows the little black part is with makes them "stick". He watched me put the magnets back up a few times and then started doing it himself. It's very helpful that he thinks it's great fun to stick them back up there... especially since he also likes to throw them off the fridge.
Silly kid.

Weston has also started imitating sounds a bit more. If I say I word he'll jabber back to me - sometimes he can match the beginning sounds - most of the time it's just jabber. But it's always the same length jabber as the word I just said. His sound imitation has lead to him learning his first two syllable word, though:
Cracker.
He gets giddy when I get the cracker box out and he starts frantically signing "more!". It's simply adorable. And it makes it very clear just how much this little guy has learned in the just the last few weeks! It's also nice because he'll start saying "cracker" when he's hungry - so we know exactly why he's being fussy.

I'm sure in another few months, when he learns to shout "NO" at me, I'll be wishing he never learned to talk... but for now it's new and fun!

Here are some fun pictures of Weston from our Memorial Day BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Brown's. Weston LOVED his corn on the cob... even if he had no idea how to actually eat it. =D

I just love his happy face!



"Look ma, no hands!!"


It's been such a more relaxed week than last week! What a difference a healthy baby can make. Also, doesn't he look so grown up sitting in that chair like a big boy?!? It almost breaks my heart... until I remember how much I've loved watching him grow up, then I'm ok.

Love you Weston-Bo-Beston!

No comments:

Post a Comment