Weston is constantly on the go these days! From the moment we get him up in the morning until we lay him down at night he is constantly moving/climbing/running/dancing. I sometimes feel worn out just watching him (I must be getting old).
When asked, Weston can point to his eyes, nose and mouth - and he even says "eyes" as he points to those... we are still working on getting him to learn the rest of his body parts... but I have no doubt that he'll start learning more and more of them in the next week or two (he learned nose and mouth in less than a week).
Word update. Some of the new words he's learned in the last week or so:
hot
out
cup
eyes
And he knows that when we tell him to get his shoes on, he grabs his shoes - he even tries to get them on. It is one of the cutest things - you can really see the wheels in his head turning. He also knows what it means when he hears the word "walk". And you better be ready to take him on one if he hears you say that word!! (Honestly, he'll stand by the front door and scream "OUT!!" while trying his hardest to reach up and open the door).
Here's some pictures of us on a walk:
Weston is now big enough to wear Tyler's shoes from when he was Weston's age. It melted my heart.
He really likes walking through the neighbors yards and up their driveways...
Holding hands
Such intensity!!
One of my favorite things that Weston does is when he turns around to get down off of something - the couch and my mom's deck are my two favorites. But Weston now does it for a lot more - like getting off of the grass back onto the sidewalk... he makes sure to turn around to get "down". What a funny kid!!
He also made sure to turn around before going down the curb... even though there isn't any difference in levels. I was seriously rolling while filming this!
After a solid half hour of running around (and only making it about 4 houses down - Weston likes to back track a lot!!) Weston decided it was time to go inside.
Weston went to Grandma Nettie's house while mommy and daddy went on a date... clearly Weston is getting quite mischievous.
Sunday evening Weston started getting a fever - from teething (he's finally cutting some bottom molars). We gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed only hear him a couple hours later. Tyler and I both got up to take care of him - drink, fresh diaper, etc. An hour later he was crying again. Tyler got up with him and I sort of kept sleeping (I never really sleep if I can hear him, even if I know that Tyler's with him). Less than an hour later I realize Weston is still whimpering. So I go into his room to find Tyler laying on the floor. Not quite sure how it all came to be, but next thing I know Tyler had taken the crib mattress out of the crib and laid it on the floor between Tyler and myself. Out of complete desperation Tyler hands Weston his cell phone to try and cease the fussiness. It worked - but too well. We soon realized while he may not be feeling well, he wasn't in as pitiful a state as we thought. Tyler and I both shut our eyes and let Weston just play around for a bit. Moments later I hear a ringing sound - it wasn't our phone ringing, it was the sound of us calling someone else. Instantly my eyes snap open and I grab the phone from Weston only to find that he was indeed calling someone at 2:35 in the morning - and not just any random number, he's calling Tyler's parents. Awesome. After that little stunt we gave Weston some more orajel and put him in his crib and we went to our room. He continued to fuss the rest of the night - mostly just discomfort from the fever. It was an insanely long night. It's those types of nights/days that really help us appreciate how great Weston really is.
Weston being a cheese!
Eating spaghetti at Grandma Nettie's house
Weston playing with daddy.
Happy 16 months little man!! There isn't a day that goes by that Tyler and I don't look at each other and say what a great kid you are. You make being your parents such a treat!

No comments:
Post a Comment