Friday
Friday evening I dressed Weston up in his costume at my mom's house and we walked the block over to the church where Tyler's parents' ward was doing their trunk-or-treat. They had a very delicious chili cook off before getting down to business: getting candy!
We dressed Weston up as Mickey Mouse. I had great intentions of making some awesome costume for all three of us, but with hosting the bridal shower the same weekend time just wasn't on my side. Luckily my sister is awesome and came to the rescue and let us borrow my niece's Mickey Mouse costume from last year. It worked great. I managed to find a black turtleneck at Kidz Again (in the girls section... there were no long sleeve black shirts in the boy section) and a pair of tights. Tyler and I were both amazed at how well he kept his costume on - he didn't even try to rip the ears off.
Weston loved being outside and being able to run around freely. He isn't interested in candy yet, so he was just interested in running around.
With Grandma Brown
Running wild
Tyler bought glow stick for Weston - they were a bit hit. Boo for washed out cell phone pictures, but we forgot our camera that night and Grandma Brown's battery died. Oh well.
Saturday
Saturday evening we dressed Weston up again and took him to my mom's trunk-or-treat. Luckily, this time we remembered the camera. And the electrical tape. It may sound cruel, but we taped Weston's gloves to his wrists. The opening on the gloves was really wide and the elastic was not tight enough to keep them on his hands, so we used a bit of black electrical tape and it worked like a charm.
What a little cutie!
The cutest part was when he would run around - the padding in his belly and bum would jiggle and bounce. So hilarious.
Unfortunately both trunk-or-treats didn't start til basically Weston's bed time, so he quickly tired and fussed and was ready for bed. Next year will be a different story, I'm sure.
A pretty darn good family photo:
Happy Halloween!!



He's such a cutie! One of these days I need to make it back to Idaho to visit so I can actually meet him!
ReplyDeleteNO WAY! Andrew was also Mickey Mouse. Too funny. Weston sure wears those ears well. : )
ReplyDeleteLove that family picture. What a cute little Mickey you have!
ReplyDelete