The time had come: Weston's hair needed to be cut. I know most children have their first haircut much sooner than 18 months, but Weston's fine little hair has taken a bit longer to fill in than most. He didn't really need an all over cut - just the back. He did pretty well. He was wiggly and squirmy - but between my mom and I, we were able to get him to hold still enough to get his little hairs cut. It's amazing how a little bit of hair being cut can make him look so much older.
BEFORE:
DURING:

AFTER:
I didn't even cry during this whole process... something I always thought I would do. I was more excited for his baby mullet to be gone, I think. But I am a bit sad that this haircut made him look older and more mature. Just another piece of evidence that our little baby is growing up fast!!












I am glad you had your mom there for cutting and moral support!! I had to do Owen's first cut with Chris!!! He went from being a baby to being a little man in less then 1 h. It is a good cut! Way to go Grandma Nettie.
ReplyDeleteThe best part is that there are three adults cramming in together to make sure the job is done well - and documented. Too adorable for words!!!
ReplyDelete