Let's see... what was Weston up to this week. Mostly being adorable, mischievous, and testing his boundaries with his parental units. He has taken to climbing up onto things he shouldn't. Like the table. Or the back of the couch. He stands on the chairs - which is a big no-no. When told to sit down, or to get down, he usually just laughs and smiles his little smirk. He is definitely getting to be stubborn and head-strong. While it can sometimes be quite frustrating that he is so defiant, I love the fact that he is starting to become his own little person with his own ideas and opinions.
Weston is starting to cut another tooth - which is awesome due to the fact that he is almost 2 and has hardly any teeth. It's his upper right canine - and it looks like his left canine won't be too far behind. Although this will mean a few sleepless night for us, I'm very excited to get some more teeth in that little smile of his!!
Weston is full of new words lately. I really need to do better about jotting them down as he learns them, because I can never remember them all as I sit down at the end of the week. But, here are the ones I remember from this week:
House
Snack (as in, fruit snack)
Ribbit
Morning
Home
BOOM
In addition to his new words, he uses the words he already knows all the time. He is just a talking machine lately. And he has started to imitate words that we say.
Whenever I start counting, I'll always say, "One" and Weston follows with "Two". Then I say, "Three" and he says, "eee". "Four" - "or". "Five" and then he just stares at me blankly... He does it every time... clearly he's not a fan of the number 'five'. =D
Weston loves himself some cheese. But he's becoming quite the cheese snob. Only certain brands and certain types of cheese make the cut... AKA Colby jack cheese sticks. That's the preferred kind. But he'll nibble on other kinds... to be polite.
Also, Weston has taken to lounging around. Makes him look like such a grown up (see: daddy look alike =D).
Life's rough....
One evening he was running around like a crazy person - from the family room to the kitchen, kitchen to the front room, to the office, up the stairs, back to the family room, on the couch, off the couch, repeat. All of a sudden I stopped hearing the little pitter patter of his feet running and became worried. All parents know that when things get too quiet, that's never a good sign...
I rounded the corner silently to spy on what type of mischief Weston was getting into, only to discover him sprawled out on the floor, fists full of goldfish crackers (which he had snuck from the pantry - but honestly, go Weston!! way to fend for yourself!!). I was seriously laughing out loud at how he was just sprawled out on the floor.
This past week it was cousin Michael's 2nd birthday. There was a little birthday party over at Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house. While waiting for dinner to be ready, the little boys headed outside to play. Weston absolutely loved the balloons. He was in heaven.
Get ready for some really poor quality cell phone pictures:
Weston is still obsessed with "Toodles". If he is awake - it needs to be on. Even if he's not even watching it and playing with toys... it needs to be on in the background.
Weston is starting to follow what is actually happening in his shows. During one episode of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck drinks a potion that turns him into a frog. As Donald grabs the cup full of this potion Weston started shouting, "NO! NO! NO!" and then once Donald had taken a drink of the potion the screen goes kind of green. At this point Weston slumps and almost sighs, "Uh-oh". I kept looking from the screen to Weston and from Weston to the screen. I was amazed that he was actually responding to what was taking place.
Then, a few nights later Weston was at Grandma Nettie's house. Grandma Nettie doesn't have any "Toodles" - much to Weston's dismay - but she did her best and put some Winnie the Pooh on for him. Now this is a movie he may have seen bits and pieces of, but hasn't watched it nearly as much as our Mickey Mouse DVD's at home. At one point in the movie Winnie the Pooh climbs through hole to get out of Rabbit's house and he gets stuck. Without missing a beat, Weston points to Winnie the Pooh and says, "Uh-oh, stuck".
I just love seeing his little mind working and figuring things out. It's just amazing.
Here's some funny pictures of Weston one morning while watching "Toodles":
This is how he sleeps as well as watches TV...
This is Weston's 'spot'. He is always so proud of himself when he sits in this spot... such a goof ball.
Looks comfy.
One night Weston was just happy as a clam. I started really watching what he was doing and I couldn't help but laugh. He was trying to gather all of his blocks onto his car and then ram his car as fast as he could into the wall or cabinets to make all the blocks fly off. Only problem is the car seat is very slippery, and the blocks kept falling off. But Weston never gave up, and just kept placing them back on the car and trying again. I finally started video taping it... for 9 minutes straight. Even with speeding it up and splicing it I still ended up with a 3 minute video. Probably won't be funny to anyone but Tyler and me, but I figured I share it anyways.
Weston is our little ambidextrous baby... whether he'll be left or right handed is still to be determined.
"Good Morning"
I love his sweet little voice... and how happy he is in the mornings... and his cute little footie pajamas!
I love his sweet little voice... and how happy he is in the mornings... and his cute little footie pajamas!
It's been a pretty full week. Lots of playing... lots of climbing.
He's new found sense of independence and opinions makes Tyler and I laugh even more. It's almost surreal to watch this little individual romping around the house and think that it wasn't that long ago that he used to fit in my lap.
We sure do love you Weston. We love your fun spirit and your persistence to get things done on your own terms. You are sweet and cuddly (when you want to be) and you still think that your parents are cool. We love getting to see you learn new things and we often lay in bed at night talking about all the great things you have done that day.
You are a one of a kind little boy and we just can't get enough of you.
Love you little man!!





Persistence is AWESOME!!!!
ReplyDelete