Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Thoughts Exactly:

Being a mother is a one of kind experience, but it isn't always snuggles and laughter. I often find myself questioning my abilities as a mother. Am I doing enough? Am I doing too much?

Currently I don't get to spend all day, everyday with my little man - and I honestly feel a lot of guilt about that sometimes. And I feel even more guilt when I am with him and I find myself not enjoying every moment of it. Granted, because I only have a few hours each day to be with Weston, I generally do love 90% of our time together - I don't have long enough to become annoyed or worn down.... but the times I don't enjoy everything - or the days that are hard, I feel guilty that I can't even enjoy every moment of the time I do get to spend with him.

After a somewhat rough evening with a teething baby (but can I get a 'holla'!! for more teeth!! woot!) and looking out and seeing a blizzard... I was less than thrilled about my morning thus far. I hopped online and soon stumbled upon an article written in the Huffington Post. It pretty much encapsulates exactly how I've been feeling lately. Nice to see other people keeping it real.

Just because I may not have enjoyed a particular moment of motherhood - or an evening here and there is rough, that doesn't mean I'm not loving my time as a mother. And I do find myself stopping all the time and taking in how amazing it really is to be a wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment