5 years ago I went to the Valentine's dance - it was girl ask boy. While there was no one I wanted to take to the dance more than Tyler, sadly, I did not attend the dance with him. I had a fun time at the dance, but it was evident - at least to me - that I liked this Tyler boy much more than I had first thought.
A week after that was the first time we held hands.
I sometimes forget how quickly everything changed. We went from friends who loved to razz each other about anything and everything - to "I think we're dating, sort of, maybe" - to absolutely dating - to falling in love... all in just a couple months.
Now here we are, five years later. A lot has changed... a lot. But all the things that really matter are still the same.
I love him - and he loves me.
While I think everyone agrees that Valentine's Day is a completely made up holiday - there is something wonderful about taking a day to celebrate love - in all of it's forms.
So, today I will reflect on all the wonderful moments we've had together. The times he's made me laugh and the times he's made me laugh til I cried. The times he's made feel beautiful, special, talented and lucky to have him.
Love you Tyler - never forget that... no matter how much 'tude I throw at you! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment