Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesdays With Weston

First off, I have been simply terrible at snapping pictures the past week or so! I was going through my picture files and I was completely saddened by how little pictures I had captured so far this month. I'd blame it on how busy Weston keeps us, but that would only be partially true. I think it's mostly due to the fact that we are in the winter doldrums - every day is much like the day before... nothing big is really going on or happening. So it's easy to forget to take the camera out for the everyday things.

But that doesn't mean that Weston hasn't been us dull as his boring, old parents.

For starters, Weston cut two more teeth this week... taking his total number of teeth to 14. He is still working on cutting in one other upper canine... which I'm sure will be in the next few days. This was the first time Weston has cut more than one tooth at a time (he's had cut teeth back to back, but never two at once). Last Wednesday night was one of the longest/hardest nights of parenting I've experienced. Nothing helped sooth him and I felt completely helpless... it was just terrible. But we made it through that night and things have been 100% better since then.
Also, Weston is learning new words and/or phrases daily. It's amazing! I love hearing his little voice as he talks. He has such a happy and joyful sounding voice. Here are his new words (I'm sure I'm forgetting a few of them - I can never seem to remember them all):
Juice
Thirsty
Hat
Moon
Pizza
More please
Baby
Fish
All Gone
Again
Duck
Button
Want - "Want cookie"... "Want juice"... "Want cheese"
"Did it!" (usually followed by a 'yay'!)
"Where daddy/mommy go?"
All done
"shhh" - while holding up finger to lips
Three
'Skish oo" - squish you (aka a tight hug)
"Sinky" - Stinky

Reads:
the word 'go'
letter 'p'
letter 's'
letter 'a'

His favorite books is "Goodnight Moon", "Eensy Weensy Spider", "Bubbles, Bubbles - Pop, Pop, Pop" and "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" - but he loves to be read to... so he will just keep bringing us books until we finally have to tell him no more...

Weston has learned how to jump on the couch/bed... He loves to jump a few times and then body slam daddy. Daddy isn't a fan of Weston's new move, but mommy thinks it's funny.
This is what a fun hangover looks like:
Listening to some sweet jams on Daddy's new headphones...
Why stand to play, when you can sit?
Weston would sit on his car and play with one side and when he wanted to move to a different side of the table he would stand up and push the car over to the other side and then sit back down and continue to play. He did this several times - play for a little while, stand up, move his car, and sit back down and play.
Weston has started humming... he hums along with me while I'm reading or on the computer. He has also started humming to himself as he plays. One afternoon I caught him humming as he was walking around the house. It melted my heart... it was just so sweet.
He has really started to like rough housing... definitely turning into the little boy.
Hanging out with daddy and playing Starfall... probably his favorite part of the day.
Isn't he so pretty?! =D
Last week my cousin and her little girl came into town... I couldn't help myself when I found this little clip lying on the coffee table.
Although it was still bitterly cold, the sun was shinning and that meant that it was nice enough for Weston to go on a walk. This kid is getting his running down!

Weston was facinated by all the screws holding this grate down. He had to go around to each one and make sure they were on tight...
Cold, but happy.
With all his new words and his ever growing independence, it is more apparent than ever that we have a toddler in our house. We had friends over this past week and they have little-little babies and it just made Tyler and I see how big Weston really is. We love to watch his excitment over things that seem so insignificant to us - he helps us remember the magic of life. We love to hear him humming to himself as he plays with his toys or 'reads' a book. We love his hugs and his kisses.

You have had a really great week, Weston. You played a lot and have learned even more! Mommy and Daddy are extremely proud of you.

Love you little man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment