Friday, June 22, 2012

Dairy Days Parade

Late Friday afternoon my mom sent me a text saying that the Dairy Days Parade was that evening - and that she just wanted to let us know. Immediately I changed our plans for the evening - I mean, when your evening plans are to clean the bathrooms, it isn't hard to find something more fun to do.

So we rounded up the camp chairs, some drinks, and grabbed the camera and as soon as my mom arrived, we were out the door.

The parade is nothing too spectacular, but Weston loved it all the same. I realized that this was the first parade we had taken Weston to.

Loving being outside... just waiting for the parade to start.
 
 
So Weston may be picking up on some of my OCD tendencies... like his need for cleaning. He spent a good five minutes wiping down his chair - he even remembered to do the legs (he may have seen me do that a few times =D).
Action shot... he was speed cleaning.
Enjoying some watermelon while waiting for the parade (we sat near the end of the parade, so we had to wait a while for the start of the parade to actually reach us).
Daddy's hat.
Every year they had out chocolate milk at the parade - the past couple years they have run out before they reach the last part of the parade, but not this year. I think they finally figured things out - and they even brought the milk at the very beginning of the parade.
We had never given Weston chocolate milk before - not that we are mean parents, just that we knew if he tasted the deliciousness of chocolate milk - he'd never want to drink plain milk again. He sure did love the chocolate milk, but he wasn't as big a fan as I assumed he would be. Phew... we will still be able to get him to drink regular milk for a while longer.
HA! I have no idea what he was looking at, but this face makes me laugh every time. He's overly dramatic... much like someone else I know (I always say that Weston may look like Tyler, but he acts like me).


He got a sticker from one of the floats
He loved putting the sticker on daddy
The parade held Weston's attention for longer than I thought it would.
It was a fun night - another reason I like living in a "small" town!

No comments:

Post a Comment