Remember that time... way back in May when we went to California? And how I just didn't finish posting pictures of it. Yeah, good times.
So... better late than never - here's the rest of the California trip.
The whole reason for the trek southward was to attend cousin Chelsea's wedding. I love weddings - they are so much fun. And this wedding was no exception.
Friday evening before the wedding (AKA Weston's birthday) they had a rehearsal dinner. It was held at the house that the groom's family had rented for the week. It was right by the beach and was just the cutest cottage styled house I have ever seen. The evening was filled with great food (Cafe Rio), great family, and getting to spend time with my boys.
Tyler, Weston, G-G Brown
The next morning Tyler went super early with his dad and uncles to help set things up all the big/heavy things at the reception site. When he returned we all dressed in our Sunday best and headed to the temple in Newport.
The sealing was beautiful - the temple was beautiful. I always love attending other people's sealings because I don't think I grasped a tenth of what was said at our own sealing... so it's nice to listen to others and to be reminded just how amazing marriage really is.
After the sealing there was the typical onslaught of pictures.
This is one of my favorites:
Gotta love a four generation shot.
Chelsea and Jake were just glowing... this is probably why I love to go to wedding so much. There is just so much love in the air - and it's contagious. I just can't help leaving a wedding and not have some of that newlywed bliss rub off on me.
So in love....
And just to think... we were those love struck kids almost four years ago.
The reception was that evening at a family friend of the bride's house. The house was gorgeous - as was their back yard. I loved the whole feel of the reception - very shabby chic. They had brought furniture from their own home and brought it and positioned it in little vignettes around the yard - it was too cute! It was super girly, and I loved it.
Right after the sealing I headed over to help set up and get food ready - and can I just say that Tyler has the greatest women in his family!! They are so much fun.
Tyler stayed at the hotel with Weston so that Weston could take a nap. They showed up right as the party was getting underway. I love those two boys....
The food was delicious - and they had the mother of all cookie tables (if you look on the left of this picture there is a tall metal cake stand... that was FULL of homemade cream puffs. The most amazing cream puffs in the entire world. I had at least three of them - probably four. To say my belly was hurting is a bit of an understatement).
After helping clean up the reception we headed to the hotel to get some sleep.
The next morning we loaded up the cars and drove to our half way destination: Fawn Hill (AKA G-G and G-G Brown's house).
We swam - Weston is still not a fan of the water - and Weston played outside. This was his favorite discovery of the trip:

What a silly boy.
We just stayed the evening - in the morning we woke up and headed out nice and early for home. But we couldn't leave without one more picture of the four men together.
It was a great trip - and just the reprieve that was needed. No way better to spend a long weekend than with family, the beach, and a wedding. The only way it could have been any better is if we had just splurged and flown back. Two straight days in a car was much harder on me than it was for Weston!!






No comments:
Post a Comment