Sunday, October 28, 2012

Linder Farms 2012

We headed out to "the country" again this year to enjoy some good ol' fashioned fall fun. Tyler and I were even more excited to go this year than we were last year because we knew that Weston was going to have such a great time... and he did. We were both a bit worried how he'd fair since the time he went was right in the middle of nap time, so he didn't get one, but he did just great. I think there were more than enough things around him to keep him entertained and distracted from how sleepy he was.
 
First off was getting some grub - we each mowed down on a corn dog and shared some fries before heading off to the hay maze. Weston had such a fun time this year - running around to his hearts content. And we loved it cause he didn't know how to get out of the maze, so we could just sit and chat without fear of him running off.


 


The look he is giving this little girl is classic... he's clearly wanting her out of the way. 

Next up was the barrel ride. I was sort of hoping Weston would be big enough this year to ride alone cause I was worried I wasn't going to fit in the barrel - and that would just be embarrassing to try and sit down and not fit. But Weston wasn't going to have it - and insisted I ride with him. And to my relief I still fit in the barrel with Weston. Although, it was a bit snugger in that barrel this year compared to last year.




 


Next up was the corn box. Weston really got into it this year... perhaps a bit too much? We kept reminding him not to throw corn - that stuff really hurts when it hits you. It feels like rocks.




 This year we tried out the swings. I was a bit worried cause Weston isn't a huge fan of the swings at the park. He likes the idea of them, but once he's on one he only wants to be pushed once or twice and then he's done. So I was a bit worried he'd be over it after 2 seconds and then fuss and cry the rest of the time. But he really loved it. Like, a lot.  And I had confirmation that I'm getting old because I grew a little nauseous just from watching the ride.  I'm getting old...Old, I tell you!
While we waited for the next hay ride to start we grabbed some mini doughnuts. These are my personal favorite - they are one of my favorite parts of Linder Farms. :)
 
Weston, being my son - through and through - enjoyed them just as much as me.

Weston was pretty excited for the hay ride this year. I don't really remember him being that interested last year... he probably didn't quite grasp what was going on. But this year Weston was thrilled. He just kept pointing and jabbering about everything. This is why kids are so great - you can do the same activity with them over and over again and each time is like a brand new experience for them. It makes holidays so much more fun!
We told Weston he could pick out any pumpkin that he wanted... and he must have understood what we said cause he started searching.

Also he found an ear of corn... it was his special treasure of the afternoon.
He clearly wasn't feeling Daddy's suggestion of a pumpkin...
Yep. This is the one... Mommy wasn't thrilled cause it didn't have a stem and it was all gunky on one side. 
When I told Weston to find a different pumpkin, this was his face:
Pure sadness.
So he won the battle and we took home the most plain Jane pumpkin the patch.
 
Over all we had a lot of fun - and next year will be a whole new adventure as we get to take another little one to the pumpkin patch for the first time.

1 comment: