The past two or three months have seemed to just fly by - and as October draws to a close I can foresee the next two or three months to go by just as fast due to all the holiday festivities. Before I know it this pregnancy is already be over - our family of three will be four - huge life and financial decisions will need to be made - and I'm worried that I won't have taken advantage of the time I have with Weston and Tyler before this little one joins us. Because of these worries I've been trying my best to live in the present and soak up as much of my boys and our life at this point in time as I can. I read a quote a week or so ago that has really stuck with me:
We seem to be going through a period of nostalgia, and everyone seems to think yesterday was better than today. I don’t think it was, and I would advise you not to wait ten years before admitting today was great. If you’re hung up on nostalgia, pretend today is yesterday and just go out and have one hell of a time. – Art Buchwald
I've been thinking about that quote over and over lately and it's helped me focus on the present and helping me realize make the most of the time I have been given now - and not get too far ahead of myself. I know I'll look back on these days with nostalgia, but I also want to them of them now with that same fondness. So I've decided to start jotting down the things in life that are happening right around me that I just love so much - and make me so nostalgic for the present.
***
- “Sit by you mommy?” – Weston coming to sit next to me on the couch to watch a movie or cartoon
- Walking in the front door to find Tyler and Weston having a “sword fight” in the front room – both armed with fly swatters and making attack noises.
- Tyler and I calling for Weston to come into the living room – his response, “WHY?”. Complete with annoyance in his tone of voice. Ha!
- Hearing/watching Weston count on his own – and getting the number right.
- Tyler and Weston starting to rough house and hearing Weston’s deep belly laugh as Tyler catches him.
- Reading bed time stories all together - snuggled up on the loveseat.
- Tyler buying me new towels because I ruined ours by washing them and the colors bled.
- Spending a chilly autumn afternoon at the pumpkin patch - sipping hot apple cider, eating warm cinnamon sugar mini doughnuts, hay ride, pumpkin picking, corn box, holding Tyler's hand, kissing Weston's cold little cheeks, and driving home with the heat on.
- Tyler making me laugh so hard that I forget how much my lower back is hurting.
- Sweat pants and fuzzy socks
- Weston snuggled up under his blanket, lying on the floor. Me laying down next to him and Weston scooting in closer to me and lifting up his blanket for me to get under it with him.
- Starting to cuddle up with Tyler at night since the weather is turning cold.
Life is great - and I'm loving these small moments of our little family of three... before life gets hectic in March.
No comments:
Post a Comment