Yeah, it's probably easy to forget since I haven't mentioned it... like hardly at all!
To say I've been slacking on documenting this little ones journey to birth is a complete and total understatement.
To say I've been slacking on documenting this little ones journey to birth is a complete and total understatement.
I don't know what it is exactly, but I've been in a weird funk of just not wanting to write. I have lots of things to say - and at least three times a day I think of things I need to jot down so I don't forget the memory. But for whatever reason, when it comes time to write, I just can't get myself to do it.
At first I was just so sick and so tired - much more so than when I was pregnant with Weston - that by the time I made it home it took everything I had to just keep Weston alive until bedtime. I couldn't even fathom sitting in front a computer and typing out thoughts.
Then the nausea started to calm down and a bit of my energy came back. I felt so behind - on everything. On cooking and cleaning - on playing with Weston. I felt behind at work and spending time with Tyler. Now that I finally had a little bit of steam behind me I just wanted to get things done.
Not long after I regained some energy (around 14 weeks pregnant) I noticed I'd have moments of sciatic pain. I didn't think too much of it - I had this same type of pain when I was about 14-15 weeks along with Weston. But after about a week I noticed that it was getting significantly worse, and by the time I was 17 weeks along the sciatic pain has become pretty constant throughout the day. In my true stubborn fashion, I decided I'd just wait another couple weeks til my next doctor appointment to bring it up.
At my 20 week ultrasound appointment I was informed that my doctor was called into do an emergency c-section so he wouldn't be able to meet with me after my ultrasound to discuss the results and do my check up. They said he'd give me a call and do a telephone consultation. I figured that was good enough since my doctor appointments are always really routine and nothing that couldn't really be done over the phone, but Tyler pushed it that I needed to be seen by one of the physicians. Since my ultrasound was on a Friday afternoon there wasn't anyone in the office at that time that could see me, but they did schedule me for first thing Monday morning. It turned out to be a good thing that I went in to see someone because over that weekend I had a couple instances of literally debilitating sciatic pain. Twice that weekend I found myself unable to move without searing pain radiating down the right side of my body. By Monday morning I was ready more than ready for my appointment.
At that appointment I was given a referral to physical therapy. I have been going 2-3 times a week since then. It's helped a lot - but I still have my moments of shooting pain. Apparently my right SI joint likes to turn inward and that causes the sciatic pain - as well as some back strain as my body over compensates to avoid disrupting my sciatic.
This pain has limited my mobility and overall desire to get things done. So any time I'd think about how I really need to sit down and get caught up with journaling this pregnancy I'd have feelings of guilt that I should be getting caught up on one of the many other things I had fallen behind on. So writing has fallen by the way side a bit.
But I've been very diligent about my physical therapy at home exercises and I am feeling better than I have in a while. So it's time to get all caught up.
I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and my due date is March 28th. When I say that I'm due in March it sounds so far away. But then I count out the weeks left- or figure out how many more doctor appointments I have and it dawns on me that this pregnancy is cruising right along. This baby is going to be here before we know it! And we couldn't be more excited to add another little one to our family!
So here's to doing better... much, much better at keeping caught up on this pregnancy (and life in general!).
23 Weeks pregnant...with what kind of baby!?!?! Are you keeping it a secret? Are YOU even going to find out? I'm dying over here.
ReplyDeleteI second Lauren's question! And I sure hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDelete