1.
Tyler comes home tomorrow. I'm thrilled. He's been gone for the past three weeks - leaving early Monday morning and coming home on Friday. Having him home for two days a week is not enough - especially when most of the weekend is spent getting him ready to go on his next week long trip. It doesn't really lend itself to much quality time. Besides having the husband gone, I've also experienced a small taste of single parenting.... and I am NOT a fan. And I can't even really say that I've been a single parent because with all the family we have in town every one has been jumping in to feed Weston and me and spend time with us.... but the fact remains, that when Tyler is gone it just feels different. It's harder - even with lots of family help. I sleep better when he's home - Weston is happier (because let's face it... Tyler is much more fun to an almost 3 year old than his boring, old mom) - and since neither Tyler nor myself are much of phone talkers our communication goes way down hill when he is out of town. Just another 24 hours and he'll be home... hopefully for good this time!
2.
I am very much over being pregnant. Now that Tyler is going to be home and done traveling I'm finally allowing myself to truly vocalize how done I am. For the past three weeks I've definitely felt like I wanted to be done being pregnant, but knowing that Tyler was traveling, and that I wanted him there for the delivery, I was okay with the fact that I was still pregnant... even though I was really uncomfortable. With only 24 hours til he is home I can't help but hope that I magically go into labor in the next day or two. But I have a feeling I'm going to pregnant for a while longer. And although it sort of feels like forever away, when I really stop to think about having another newborn in just a matter of days, it hits me how soon everything is going to change. Change for the better, but still everything will be different. And then I remember to savor all the moments that could possibly be "the lasts" (at least for a while). The last time I can chase him around the house as he squeals with laughter and not have to worry about waking up the baby. Or the last time just tucking in one little man for bed. So no matter how anxious I am to deliver this baby (and get to sleep on my stomach again!!!), I am very happy with the time I've had to spend with just me and little Weston before things change and get chaotic.
3.
The past week or so I have had the urge to just run - or workout. It's probably because I'm so slow and lethargic lately that I'm just wanting to get out and get moving. Unfortunately my large stomach, sciatic nerve pain, and swollen feet and ankles aren't really letting me move about as freely as I wish. I'm looking forward to spring weather and to getting back into shape... not that I was ever really "in shape". But I'm thrilled with the idea of riding bikes, going swimming, running on track, etc. this spring/summer. And maybe getting a tan!?!? (A girl can dream - right?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment