Friday, August 30, 2013

5 Months

Harrison is 5 months old today. 5 MONTHS! I swear... it's gone by way too fast. Some days it seems that we are just cleaning up from breakfast and it's already time to get ready for bed. Add all those days up and pretty soon you discover that 5 months have gone by.
 
Harrison at 5 months is insanely adorable. He is a rolly-polly. He loves rolling over from his back to his belly, but sometimes he gets himself stuck. He hasn't quite mastered how to get from his belly to his back every time.
 
He is a finger sucker. Just like Weston, he wouldn't ever take a binki. But unlike Weston, he has found his fingers. He loves them. I'm not entirely thrilled about having a finger sucker - it seems like it will be a much harder habit to break than taking a binki away - but he's just so gosh darn cute with those two fingers stuck in his mouth. I don't have the heart to make him stop all the time.  
Harrison's current favorite toy is his ball. When he sees it his eyes light up and a big smile spreads across his face. It's the cutest! He has a really good grip and is getting a lot quicker at being able to grab it. He LOVES this ball... a lot.








He is a big kid - at 5 months he is barely fitting into 9 month sized clothes. My guess is that in another two weeks or so he'll only be able to wear 12 month clothes. It's really unfortunate since all the clothes of Weston's that are 9-12 months are all winter clothes. So the poor kid has hardly anything to wear because I'm holding out hope that his growth will slow down and he'll start to be able to fit into Weston's old clothes.
  He is clearly a great eater - I mean, you don't get to be a baby giant by skimping on your meals - but he is an equally great sleeper.  He sleeps 13 hours at night and then takes a 3-4 hour nap (during the same time Weston takes his nap - it's super awesome that their nap times line up!!!) and then usually dozes off for another hour or two in the early evening hours.

When he isn't sleeping or eating, he's cooing loudly and smiling.



Look how long his eyelashes are!!!




It has been an incredible 5 months having Harrison here in our family. He is really a sweet spirit and we feel so blessed that we get to be his parents. Every morning I can't wait until he wakes up so that I get to see his smiling face and kiss his chubby little cheeks. It has been so fun watching him grow and learn over the last 5 months - I can't wait to see how his personality continues to develop.
 
We love you Hair-ta-sent! ;)


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, yeah we get it. He is insanely adorable, the best eater and sleeper ever, and is literally happy and smiling all the time! Quit rubbing it in our faces! Lol. Oh, and sucking two fingers? Sounds like someone else I know.....like mother like son! =)

    ReplyDelete