Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Spirit of Boise

On Saturday we woke up and left the house at 6:15am to head down to Ann Morrison for the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic. We swung by and picked up Grandma Nettie on our way as well. We arrived plenty early - perhaps a few minutes earlier than we needed to be, but soon after we arrived there were streams of cars coming into the park - so I'm just glad we arrived early enough to find a spot to park.
 
It was early - as Weston's says, "the sun isn't awake yet" - but there is something magical about hot air balloons. It's very nostalgic for me. I think that Boise is quite unique in the fact that it's almost common place to see hot air balloons along the horizon during the spring/summer months. Whenever I see them it reminds me of my childhood and how I would just stare up at them with amazement.
 
And if one hot air balloon is magical - then a whole sky filled with them is something beyond words. So it was more than worth the early start (and subsequently extra long and tiring Saturday) to catch a glimpse at these balloons.
Saturday was also the first game for BSU, so I had to get a shot of the BSU hot air balloon.


 

 
 
 
It is one of my favorite yearly events, here in Boise. Of course having kids makes it all the more special. I can't wait til next year so we can go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment