Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Church Orchard

Earlier this week I loaded up the boys and made the trek out to the church orchard in Caldwell. They had apples for $.25 a pound and pears for $.35 a pound - an outrageously great deal! Because it was such a great deal I may have bought more than I really needed... sort of got carried away with it all. Plus Weston loved helping "pick the apples" and was so excited and happy about being there that I was swept up in his enthusiasm and bought 165lbs of fruit.
   
 It wasn't until after I purchased it all and was starting to take it to my car that I realized that I wasn't sure if it all would fit. 
 I had to cram some on the floor, and all empty seats and the entire back of my car, but I managed to fit it all and take it home. My car was definitely riding low to the ground on the way home.


 Such a beautiful view from the orchards.
 Beautiful drive + insanely priced fruit + well behaved boys = one happy Mamma
(and one happy Harrison, too). 

No comments:

Post a Comment