Tuesday, September 24, 2013

ARRRRRGGGGH!

September 19th is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. In honor of this day Krispy Kreme was giving out a free doughnut if you came in and talked like a pirate - and a dozen doughnuts if you came in dressed like a pirate. When I told this to Weston he was seriously over the moon excited. He talked about his free 12 doughnuts for over a week. Admittedly I was just as excited to take him.
 
The day before we looked around the house to scrounge up a pirate costume. The hat was from my old spirit days in high school, the red bandanna was from a friend's cowboy birthday party last year, an eye patch that came in our Jake and the Neverland Pirates DVD, some silver beads from the toy box, a black scarf from mom's closet, his white button up shirt, and a hook (that we did buy at the dollar store the week before). I was going to go all out and make him some knickers and a vest. But then I remembered that the whole point of dressing up was to get free doughnuts. So if I spent money for his costume then I might as well just buy the doughnuts myself.
 He was a pretty cute little pirate. (He wouldn't let me take his blue shirt off when getting in costume and he didn't want to change into his black church pants either. I wasn't going to push it).
 "AAARRRGGGHH"

 "Yo-ho"


 Weston was fascinated by watching the doughnuts. We'll need to go back when it isn't so busy so he can watch them longer.



  After getting our doughnuts we found some open seats and sat down to enjoy our spoils. 

 
 
 Baby Pirate
 "All gone already?!"
It was such a fun day - I loved seeing the sheer joy and excitement in Weston's eyes. I'm thinking we'll need to do this again next year. It will be even more cute to have two little swashbuckling pirates to dress up!

No comments:

Post a Comment