Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gingerbread Houses 2013

This past Sunday we headed over to my mother's house to construct our annual Gingerbread houses. 

Weston was super excited when I told him we were going to be making houses out of cookies and frosting and decorating them with candy. I think his little three year old mind was blown. 
 
He was very proud of his final house... he didn't want very many decorations. I don't think he has grasped the first cardinal rule of gingerbread house making: whatever is on your house you get to eat. So you have to load that bad boy down with as much candy as your structure can support. He'll learn. 
This little man is getting quite mobile...
Harrison got a hold of one of Grandma Nettie's Christmas ornaments... and ate it. Yeah, I think my face pretty much sums of my feelings.


 No sooner was Weston's house finished than he tore into it.

 

 In true Tyler fashion he couldn't make a simple house... he had to make a teepee.
 With Native American's around a fire... and "one white man hanging and another one speared"... yeah, really full of Christmas cheer, there Tyler.
It was a fun evening, as always. It was so fun to see Weston be so involved this year. Brought back a lot of memories of my childhood and the evenings spent around my mother's dining room table constructing my masterpieces. I can just imagine how much more fun he'll have next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment