Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The First Big Snowfall

I was awakened quite early Saturday morning by Weston shouting,
 
"It's white!! It's all white out there!!"
 
Sure enough, it was all white out there.
 
The view from our bedroom window.
 As soon as Weston's feet hit the floor he was on a mission to get his snow gear on and get outside to play in that snow. Luckily I had gathered it all up for the parade the night before, so it was all ready and accessible.
 
Out he headed to tromp through the snow while I gathered up some snow gear for me so that I could join him.
 
 I told him to go jump on the trampoline with the snow - he giggled the whole way over there. Jumping on the tramp with the snow is one of my fondest childhood memories. I'm glad that Weston will have some of the same memories. 




Unfortunately it wasn't good snowman snow - it was just light powder. But it was still plenty fun to run around in and make snow angels in.
 
But Weston is very anxious for some "good packing" snow so that we can make ourselves our very own snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment