Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weston's First-First Day of School

The day has finally arrived for our Weston. He woke up with such excitement and didn't complain once about getting dressed and doing his hair - two things he is never in the mood for (must be a genetic thing). 

September 2nd, 2014 
Officially a Pre-Kindergartner. 

 



 
 I drove him to school the first day - there are two amazing mom's with little boys in his class that said they could do pick up and drop off... so I don't have to take Weston, or pick him up. It's pretty fantastic. He pretty much bolted to the door...
 hung up his backpack - during the preschool open house each child found their backpack hook, so Weston knew exactly where to go.

 And then he was off playing - no looking back. Just the way it should be. 
I really thought that I'd be an emotional mess leaving him on his first day of school, but I think we were both ready for him to start. Him, more than me, but I think that made it easier for me to leave him. I knew that he was wanting to start school so badly. 

The house was really quiet for that couple hours he was gone. Harrison sort of just walked around the house aimlessly without his playmate. I was a little sad for him. But I'm excited to have some one-on-one time with him during the week while Weston is at school.

After I picked Weston up and we got home we made a batch of "White Squishy Cookies". Weston talked for 30 minutes straight about his first day of school. He told me all about where he sat, what toys he played with, what toys he didn't play with, what toys he would play with next time, snack, etc. It was so sweet and made my heart so happy to see his love and enthusiasm about school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment