This week was a bit of a blur... Lots of playing. Lots of meal times. Lots of laughs. Here's what Weston has been up to:
I don't know why I found it so funny, but I did.... Weston pushed his learning table over to his walker. It's just funny because Weston doesn't/won't actually use the walker to walk around with. He will always leave it stationary and move all other toys to it. But I have to admit - Weston sure is a strong little guy to be able to push that table across the front room.
Too cute. He loves playing with his learning table. His current goal is to try and climb up on top of the table. He has yet to succeed, but I know it won't be long before both him and that table go tumbling over together.
Keys. Nothing brings Weston more joy than keys... especially when he knows we need them. I think we need to get him his own set of keys to play with so that we can stop worrying if we know where our keys are. Tip for finding them: always check the little cubby on the learning table. It is just the right depth to hold keys and the green lid makes them impossible to see.
We bought Weston blocks for his birthday. He LOVES them. Huzzah! for both educational/simple/classic toys. He especially loves to eat the blocks - yuck! - and he loves when Daddy builds big towers for him to knock down. Weston is really funny about knocking down towers. Every other small child I've ever seen with blocks loves to knock down towers - it's written in our DNA, I think. But Weston is very meticulous about how he knocks down his towers. He doesn't flail his arms around swinging until he knocks them over, no. He sticks one little finger out and pushes down on them until the pressure sends blocks flying in each direction. I honestly don't think he's meaning to knock them down - it seems like he's trying to push a button. All his other toys will light up and/or sing when he pushes on them, so he tries to push on his blocks to turn them on. I think he just settles for blocks flying everywhere as a decent consolation prize for them not lighting up and singing to him.
Also, pants are apparently optional at our house. =D
He does more and more things like a big kid these days. He now kneels when he's playing. It's such a small thing - probably overlooked as any type of milestone, but to me it's just one more bit of proof that this baby is turning into anything but!
Happy as can be: blocks, keys, and no pants!
Weston still only has two teeth. I know! Unbelievable. But he still manages to eat just about everything we give him. He's learned how to use those two little chompers. He eats pretty much all his cereals and crackers by nibbling at them so he can use his two bottom teeth.
Weston likes to fly. I think he was actually trying to use me as a stepping stone so that he could finally climb up onto the couch. I foiled his plan... like always. But I think 'flying' is a fun alternative.
Just to prove it's not all sunshine and roses with Weston - here's a little snap shot of Weston when he does not want to eat any more and would like to be put down:
Fortunately for you pictures don't have sound.... otherwise you would have heard the "awesome" whiny noises that accompanied that face. I think another few months and there will be full out tantrums. Oh, I can hardly wait (har, har).
Speaking of whining... Weston has learned the difference between up and down... and he would like to be up - all. the. time. He has started to really get good at climbing - but a few of our couches are just too high for him to get up on. Here's a video of him playing around... and really wanting me to pick him up:
Weston is also getting quite mischievous. He had been a bit too quiet the other day - all you parents out there know what that means - and when I went to find him, I found this:
We now put all toilet paper the opposite way in the holders. It's helped almost 100%. Thanks for the tip mom!
Weston really started standing a lot this week. He has been standing for about a month, but it was very sporadic and usually for just a second or two. Now we'll just look over and he's standing up. It seems like he's always standing these days. He doesn't ever attempt to walk - I think cause he's a bit chicken.
Good job Weston, you found the lost book of checks!! You're really starting to pull your weight around here! =D
On Monday we went to an all you can eat pizza night at the pizza shop down the street from our house. Weston thoroughly enjoyed the pizza - he ate everything we gave him: pineapple, sausage, olives, ham, peppers, cheese, Alfredo sauce, etc. He probably had a full slice of pizza and more soda than we care to admit.
It was a bit cold outside that evening, but we just wrapped Weston up in his blankey and as long as he had some yummy pizza he was quite content.
Happy, happy boy! Weston crawls at top speed... all. the. time! No wonder he still takes two naps a day and sleeps for 12 hours at night.
Such a fun little boy. And he always seems to be laughing these days. He is starting to make himself laugh - it's the greatest thing to watch, ever!
One of the first attempts at taking a step. Unfortunately it's a picture, so you can't really tell. But he took a small little step, got scared and started trying to retract his footstep. Thus ending up in a complete biff. But at least he made that first attempt.
This week went by far too fast! Weston is getting awfully close to walking - I think his large head has made it a bit hard to find his balance, but I think his balance is there now... just not his confidence. We still aren't in any hurry for him to start walking, but we are enjoying watching the journey.
Your mom and dad love you, Weston. Thanks for making us smile each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment