Our 4th of July celebrations were pretty laid back this year. We ran some errands and did some shopping. We napped and watched most of "The Revolution" series on the History Channel (American History is by far my favorite part of history). That evening we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Brown's for a BBQ and then over to my sister's neighborhood for some fireworks.
My sister's neighbor hooked up his 4-wheeler to a row of wagons and gave all the neighborhood kids a ride around the block. It was so cute.
Weston loves the camera. I think I have at least 50 pictures of him trying to grab the camera.... But now he can walk towards me to try and grab it out of my hands.
There were lots of treats.
And there were shoulder rides.
There was sneaking up on cousin's chairs to try and steal their cookies and 'Pop-Its"
But long before the 'real' fireworks started Weston started to get spacey...
The smaller fireworks kept his attention for a bit.
But in the end, the wait was just too long for this little guy.
So we headed home and put Weston to bed. He was asleep before we even laid him in his crib. Seeing as he goes to bed around 7pm, making it til after 9 was pretty good. Maybe we'll catch the fireworks next year. Luckily all of our neighbors buy illegal fireworks - so we were able to sit and enjoy the show from our house. Unfortunately the neighbors behind us continued their firework show til well after 2am. Seeing as I get up at 5am - being kept up til after 2am is a very unwelcomed event.
Even still, it was a really great and relaxing day. Often times I try and cram so much into a holiday that I end up being absolutely exhausted afterwards. So it was nice to have a really laid back day with my little family... and to remember all the amazing sacrifices that have been made so that I can have the freedoms I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment