Monday, October 8, 2012

An Update

Blog updates have been a bit scares the past month or so... not that there isn't much to share, but it's that the main author (aka the only author) of this blog has been a bit under the weather. And by a bit, I of course mean inches away from an untimely death. This little one inside me has lovingly been nicknamed "The Parasite". Probably not the most loving and tender name, but it accurately describes how it has been sucking me dry of energy, and general well being. I was nauseous all day and night, 90% of foods looked, smelled, and tasted foul, I had zero energy, and what energy I could muster was all spent on going to the bathroom... like 45 times a day. And yet, amazingly enough, I was still happy and content with my situation. My co-workers honestly thought I was losing it - I mean, who could be happy about being sleep deprived and on the verge of losing the contents of their stomach for five weeks on end with no break or reprieve.

Apparently this girl.

Don't get me wrong... it wasn't like I was skipping around, whistling a merry tune. But I really didn't complain about it.  I know that other women have it much worse when they are pregnant, and since I didn't get an ultrasound done at my first appointment, all the nausea was a constant reminder that our little one was still alive and kickin'.
 
Luckily, the nausea has all but disappeared - I'm only left with some slight aversions to some foods. I'm still exhausted... but then again, when am I not always in need a long nap?

Tyler is busier than ever at work. There have been lots of changes and so there is an ever growing list of things to do. But he is enjoying the work and those he works with - so that helps make the long days (and sometimes nights) worth it.

And Weston... well, he is as adorable as ever. He is learning new words and phrases all the time and seems to be conquering some new physical feat every time I turn around. He is loving going on walks around the neighborhood and taking trips to the park. He is a very sweet little man. His favorite phrases right now are, "Tank you mommy" (Thank you mommy), "Come on mommy/daddy", and "Sit next to me".  You'll also hear him say, "Oh man!" and "Rats" quite a bit too.  He's such a special kid - and Tyler and I just can't get enough of him.

So that's pretty much us right now... there's loads of things I'm needing to catch up on in more detail, but those will need to wait til another day. This momma is needing to get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, the hardest part to having your second (or third or fourth or whatever) is the exhaustion. I am glad you are feeling better but oh how I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete