February 2nd my co-workers threw a baby shower for me. It was very sweet of them - especially since I told them they really didn't need to do anything since I already had baby things from Weston. But they wouldn't listen and held a diapers and wipes shower. The food, the decorations, the company - it was all perfect.
These women are some of my closest and dearest friends. We have been through a lot - the good, the bad and the terrible together. It was a very bitter-sweet moment sitting, surrounded by them all, and realizing that this may be one of the last times I am with them all again at the same time.
They are the ones who have truly been there with me (sometimes stuck next to me) as I've gone through this pregnancy journey. They were the ones who brought me Ginger Ale to drink when I was too nauseous to eat. They covered for me while I slept in empty exam rooms because I was too exhausted to function. They assured me I looked pregnant and not just fat - even though I clearly just looked fat. They reminded me to do my stretches to help with my sciatic pain and didn't laugh (to my face) as I dd them. They have shared personal pregnancy/motherhood stories and experiences with me and have helped calm my nerves as I embark upon the sometimes terrifying world of having more than one child. They have shared in my excitement and have made this pregnancy unforgettable.
Our nursery closet is now stocked full of diapers and wipes and our hearts are full with gratitude. Being a working mom is not an easy (or, for me, very enjoyable) but these ladies have given me countless memories and have taught me so much. I'm so thankful for these ladies - they have blessed our whole family with their generous hearts.






No comments:
Post a Comment